· Present; Askaradin__, Califred, Gara, Gliffbom, Gunga Sam, Jevin, Maddie, Magnar “Scarface”, Mato-ich (and friends), Snow Summer, Thingul Celebrindol, Thumper.
· We go back to the wreck island. The wreck has been burnt down to the waterline and is still smoldering. It does not appear to be an explosion. We sail around the island. Snow Summer flies over the island as a hawk then scouts it as a bloodhound. We find no survivors or evidence that there ever has been any.
· We now have three options: a) just continue with the captain on his journey b) go back to Tauli c) head to the Goblin Marches which are referenced in the ships log. We opt for the last option and head to the freeport of Lenahgwah. A trip of 3.5 days.
· The port is large, hundreds of ships(?). there are lots of goblinoids present but very few orcs.
· Immediately upon disembarking we are accosted by a young goblin named Sparks. He is very enthusiastic and wants to be our guide while in the port. He’ll help us for a copper a day. We accept and he proves to be a very worthwhile investment.
· We tell Sparks we want to visit the religious quarter and he decides we’re pilgrims. The buildings are not grand structures like we’d find in most large cities. These buildings are very basic structures. Not a lot of locals come here. Sparks takes us and introduces us to Nor the temple of Raidan’s head priest. We question Nor at length and Thingul asks about attending services. We are welcome to the midnight service and start making plans to attend.
· Jevin goes shopping and buys three flasks of acid.
· Sparks takes us to the harbor master and we make up stories to ask about any elvish ships. After much negotiations (and donations to his children’s college fund) we discover that the ship comes through here often and stops for a few days. We find that the captain always heads out of town to visit someone called Snert. Sparks knows where Snert is and suggests we go visit him tomorrow morning. We decide to skip midnight mass tonight and will attend the next night.
· The next morning Sparks is waiting for us on the dock. We leave the city via a poor gate and a couple of guards that don’t seem very attentive. Snert is a bit of a loaner and deals in information. He doesn’t really have friends and enemies. He’s just an information source. We travel down a very wide path that winds through thick forest.
· Ahead we notice that the terrain looks like its swaying. Soon we notice that there are a group of 60 chitters walking totally synchronized in stepping and swaying. In the center of them is a goblin that is painted in very vibrant colors and has colorful bird feathers attached to his hair. Sparks tells us that it is Grall. We all step off to the side of the trail, Sparks bows and we follow suit. Grall stops and all 60 chitters immediately do the same without any command. They don’t move or look around. We notice that none of them are breathing either. Grall makes a point of looking over Mato-itch. Grall says something and the chitters part. He walks up to us and starts talking to Sparks, asking about us. Sparks introduces us as religious pilgrims. The scene is pretty tense and feels like a fight will break out but Grall seems reluctantly satisfied, takes his chitters and begins his synchronized marching back down the trail. Sparks tells us that Grall is a very powerful necromancer. Thumper wonders if the things that attacked us on the wreck might be from Grall.
· Snert lives alone in a cottage about five miles out of town. Sparks introduces us and we start asking questions. Thingul acts as the primary spokesman and says he is looking for his twin. We notice that Snert reacts to mention of twins. Snert know the ship and the captain we are looking for and confirms that on their last trip out they were headed for Tauli. He says the captains name was Illyus. He knew the captain was looking for something and he seemed to be getting more desperate. Whatever he was looking for must be very well hidden. Snert says he doesn’t know anything about Mendal or the Order of silver sun. He tells us that the captain was guided out here by a new goblin guide which Sparks tells us later that the guides name is Snotty.
· We head back to town. Along the way Gliffbom hears something like a low rumbling. He almost felt it rather than heard it. A large tree thing rushes us out of the forest, its 9 feet tall and flailing branches and vines. The branches have a reach of 10 feet. When it runs it rushes forward with a tremendous burst of speed. Sparks shrieks “It’s a shamble! Run!”
· The Shambler parries with multiple branches, when the branches attack the act like spears. One of them attacks Gara and she breaks it in two (01). Gliffbom conducts a small clinic on fumbling (100 & 98). The Shambler bowls over Magnar and Askaradin. Snow Summer turns into a bear and start clawing the thing.
· Right in the middle of the battle we realize a guy has been following us around all day. He’s wearing a long trench coat, a hat, a beard and sunglasses. We think he’s a member of ZZ Top so haven’t been asking him any questions. Those guys need their privacy. He hits the Shambler with a large hammer and hurts it pretty good.
· Califred has been trying to start a fire and Sparks is standing next to him. The Shambler rushes up and Sparks screams. The Shambler takes out Califred’s left arm and leg so he falls over. In a moment of extreme bravery Sparks grabs Califred and starts dragging him away from the Shambler.
· The Shambler rounds on Gliffbom and pounds him with several blows which knocks him unconscious. Jevin uses one of his new acid flasks and burns it for a lot of damage. With more and more damage piled on it finally succumbs to our attacks and falls over dead. We light it on fire and start healing up our wounded. Sparks waits a few minutes then goes over and pokes the dead Shambler with his dagger.
· When we pass through the city gates we start praising Sparks in front of the other goblins in order to boost his status. Gliffbom presents his dwarven dagger to Sparks for his outstanding bravery and Sparks is very proud of it.
· We go find Snotty. He admits he guides captain Illyus when he’s in town. The last time he was here he was really grumpy and didn’t tip very well. He said he also takes him to go see an elf called Illydius. He tells Sparks how to get to the elf’s house.
· Next session we’ll go visit Illydius and probably sail to Grella’s island for some healing.
· 40 XP